Typo3 is an established enterprise grade CMS built on PHP. In the past years they have struggled in their renewal project, but have since moved forward with Symfony components.
Pimcore is a CMS whose development started in 2009. Originally the Content Management System was built on the Zend PHP Framework, but the system will switch to the Symfony full stack framework.
- A long heritage with solid basic concepts
- Large number of developers around the world
- Powerful admin UI for experienced users
- Solid feature set beyond regular CMS features
- Commercial backing
- Quality codebase
- TYPO3 is in a technical transition phase
- Admin interface can be intimidating to newbies
- Decoupling (REST API), etc. strategy unclear
- New product version can be risky
- Limited adoption
- Can be too "heavy" for simple sites
|Product details||TYPO3 ||Pimcore |
CMSes vailable for comparison: